Canadian Institute of Geomatics and International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
Futures Dialogue May 25, 2007, Toronto
The Toronto Branch of CIG organized in cooperation with the International Society of Photogrammetry an international conference on Disaster and Risk Management: May 23-25, 2007 in the Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto. This Conference closed with a Futures Dialogue on Geomatics for Disaster and Risk Management with a focus on Converging Technologies and Next Practices for Disaster and Risk Management.
The Futures Panel included:
- Bob Parkinson, President of CIG
- Prof. Dr. Sisi Zlatanova, Delft University of Technology , Netherlands and Co-Chair of ISPRS GI4DM Working Group
- Brian Maloney, Surveyor General of Ontario
- Alex Miller, President of ESRI Canada
- Richard Worsfold, Director Business Development, Ontario Centres of Excellence
- Geoff Zeiss, Director of Technology, Autodesk
- Jean Thie, Moderator and Executive Director Canadian Institute of Geomatics.
We are inviting you to participate and contribute before, during and after this conference.
Partcipate by submitting your strategic foresights in the form of a strategic architecture diagram, (see figure below) in essence a thumbnail sketch of your vision of the future. The Strategic architecture allows us to assemble this information into a strategy map for: The Future of Geomatics for Disaster and Risk Management.
For more information contact Jean Thie, moderator of the panel.